Flood insurance FAQs

When it comes to natural disasters, it is hard to think of one that consistently causes devastation as floods. It doesn’t matter if you live in an exclusive community or a slum, the water will come, and it will cause damage. Even as little as one inch can wipe out many people’s savings. Being prepared is the only way to survive, and flood insurance is one of those preparations. At Foresee General Insurance Agency Inc. in Harrison, AR, we are dedicated to providing our customers with the knowledge they need to make educated decisions regarding insurance coverage. 

Why do I need flood insurance?

Many people think home or renters insurance covers floods. In most cases, it doesn’t. You need to purchase separate insurance to get flood coverage. Your lender may also be required to have flood insurance if you live in a flood zone. 

Do I have to get flood insurance through NFIP?

The NFIP offers flood insurance through its network of approved agents, but there are also private insurance policies available. You have the option to get your insurance through whichever method you prefer. 

What are the limits on the National Flood Insurance Programs policies?

The NFIP sells two different policies. They are sold separately, and you may buy one or both. One is the building policy, and that has a limit of $250,000. The second policy is for content, and the limit is $100,000. If these limits are too low for your property, looking into a private policy makes sense. 

Who is eligible for NFIP insurance?

To purchase NFIP flood insurance, you must live in one of the 1500 participating communities.

To learn more about flood insurance, contact Foresee General Insurance Agency Inc. in Harrison, AR. We will help you understand the best options for you.